10 Common Uses for Baking Soda
1) Make a paste of baking soda and water and rub on insect bites
to relieve itching.
2) Remove coffee and tea stains by scrubbing pots or cups with
baking soda and a plastic scouring pad.
3) Add 1/3 cup baking soda to a wash cycle as a bleach booster
or to the rinse cycle for cleaner smelling laundry.
4) To remove black scuff marks from floor, rub them with a paste
of baking soda and water.
5) Clean fiberglass showers and tubs with baking soda sprinkled
on a sponge. Sponge clean and wipe dry.
6) Soak sour smelling dishcloths and sponges in water and baking
7) Use a solution of water and baking soda to clean and deodorize
the inside of your microwave.
8) Put a few spoonfuls in a cup of water in the microwave, boil for
two minutes, then wipe down the inside with a sponge.
9) Sprinkle a little baking soda into the laundry hamper to
10) Remove crayon marks from walls by scrubbing gently with an
old toothbrush and a paste of baking soda and water.
Copyright 2011, Creative Homemaking, LLC.
Comment on this article or submit your tip to CreativeHomemaking.com.
Click here for a printer friendly version of this page.
Recommend this article to a friend.
Search our article archives.
Click here to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.