Maintaining the home in the summer months can be quite
exhausting. The past few summers, I have implemented new strategies to keep
my time inside the home limited but by still doing all the
1. Spring clean the home and store everything that is used
only in the winter months. The less clutter in the home the less to
cleanup and dust.
2. Keep the windows open during the day to let the fresh air
in. Be sure to clean all the windows with club soda.
3. Pick a day to do all your cooking and baking. Try to work
around the weatherman for this. Once a month cooking is great for saving
time. Life is simple
when you have to come ine-mail box every Fridays
and throw something in the oven to cook.
4. Use a barbeque.
5. Eat more fresh fruit, fresh vegetables and limit your
6. Tidy up the house just before you go to bed.
7. Do the mopping, and hard cleaning chores, early in the
morning or after the sun has gone to sleep. Use only natural
8. Make shopping lists and shop only once a week. Shop at the
hottest time of the day or early in the week when lines are
9. Dry your clothes on an outside line if possible.
10. Let the car hibernate and do most of your everyday living
by walking, biking, or taking local transportation.
11. Take the philosophy: there's always tomorrow to clean, so
Summer is a great time to visit family and friends. Do not
worry about the cleanliness of your home, you have the winter
months to do all the chores you have put aside. Enjoy, the
great weather, it is always gone before we blink.
Reprinted with permission.
on this article or submit your tip to CreativeHomemaking.com.
for a printer friendly version of this page.
Follow me on Pinterest
Receive new article links via Twitter
Follow Creative Homemaking on Facebook
this article to a friend!
our article archives.
to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.