Having a bat in your home can be quite terrifying. Many people are incredibly afraid of bats and having them in your home is also hazardous. They can carry disease and be quite dangerous to your family's health. You do not want them to take up in your home and start reproducing. As soon as you realize you have a bat in your home, your first instinct should be to get rid of it.
If you have a bat infestation you need to learn a little more about the type of bat you have and then learn how to get rid of it. Once you get the bats out of your home, you need to then work to prevent them from getting back in.
Here are some things you need to know in order to stop your bat problem in your home:
- Most bats that get onto homes are just looking for a place to stay during the day.
- They do not like light and prefer the dark, coolness of an attic.
- They usually leave at night to hunt for food.
- The only real way to keep bats out of your home is to make sure they can not get in.
- Bats can not chew through materials to get in.
- Bats do not like fiberglass insulation.
- Bats can actually be helpful since they eat other pests in the home.
The following list outlines things you should do when you have a problem with bats in your home:
- Check around your roof area for holes or spaces where they could get in and seal them off.
- Check your chimney to make sure it has no holes or openings and that your chimney trap is working properly.
- Before sealing you should make sure all the bats that are inside have left.
- Install insulation in your attic if it does not already have it.
- Leave on the lights or use a fan in the area as this will deter bats also.
- Some bird repellents will also work to keep bats away when it is applied to the area around entrances.
Bats are usually not much more than a nuisance. While they can bite and their feces is dangerous that is rarely the reason they are so bothersome. More often people just do not like living with bats in their home. You can use the tips above to help you decide the best way to get the bats out of your home. If you can not seem to get rid of them for good you may consider calling a professional who should be able to solve your problem.
Learn how you can get rid of pests today! Joseph will share some of the insider's secrets where you learn how to get rid of pests like getting rid of crockroaches and bed bugs. His website is at http://www.howtogetridofpests.net
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Joseph_Then
on this article or submit your tip to CreativeHomemaking.com.
for a printer friendly version of this page.
Follow me on Pinterest
Receive new article links via Twitter
Follow Creative Homemaking on Facebook
this article to a friend!
our article archives.
to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.