Creative Homemaking . . . Dedicated to your homemaking needs
~   Cleaning tips for kitchens, bathrooms, laundry   ~
Sign up for our newsletter to receive new articles every week
CLEANING DIY HOME REMEDIES HOME DECOR COOKING / CANNING GARDENING HOLIDAYS FRUGAL LIVING ORGANIZE
Rachel Paxton
About Me
E-BOOKS


POPULAR POSTS

Home => Cleaning => Bathroom => Removing Toilet Rings
Related Articles: Removing Hard Water Stains from Toilet | How to Clean a Toilet

Removing Toilet Rings
by

Q: How do you get rid of the ring in the toilet without scratching the surface?

Tip #1: After I clean my toilet I drop two Alka Seltzer tablets into the water. The effect it leaves on the bowl is great but it depends on how bad the ring is.

Tip #2: I use a Magic Eraser that I keep in both my bathrooms only for that purpose. No scrubbing & it comes right off.

Tip #3: Try a product called "Lime Away" - magic in a bottle!

Tip #4: Rubbing the ring with Pumice stone, even hard water rings, will do the job.

Tip #5: I had deposits so bad that draining the water and sanding and scraping didn't take it out. "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner took about 95% of it out. I'll do a second application one of these days and try for the remaining 5%.

Tip #6: When we moved into our home, our toilet had horrible rings that nothing seemed to get rid of. Then I found "Bar Keeper's Friend" & what a great cleaning friend it is! Also good on bathtub water rings (the ones that don't come off with other cleaners). You just sprinkle it on, let it sit for a minute & scrub with a toilet/scrub brush. It is a mild abrasive, so you need to be careful what surfaces you use it on...Aaron

Tip #7: For very stubborn toilet stains (rust, etc.) use meuratic acid. Pour a small amount into toilet or sink and let it sit for a few minutes, then swish with a toilet brush (be sure to use gloves to protect your hands and be sure bathroom is well ventilated-this is acid!)...Sheila

Follow my cleaning board on Pinterest.

Copyright Creative Homemaking, LLC. This article may not be reprinted.


Don't Miss These Popular Articles:

Homemade Plant Food
How to Get Rid of "Boy Bathroom Smell"
Chai Tea Mix
How to Remove Cooking Oil Stains from Clothing
DIY Vick's Vaporub
DIY Eyeglasses Cleaner Solution
Homemade Weed Killer
DIY Carpet Cleaning Solution for Steam Cleaners
Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup Mix



Comment on this article or submit your tip to CreativeHomemaking.com.
Click here for a printer friendly version of this page.
Recommend this article to a friend.
Search our article archives.
Click here to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.





Privacy Policy | Advertise | Affiliate Program | Contact Us
Copyright 1998 - 2014, Creative Homemaking, LLC.