1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 6-oz. package any flavor fruit-flavored gelatin
2 envelopes un-flavored gelatin
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice
Additional granulated sugar for coating
1. Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
2. Spray a 9 x 9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Pour the gelatin mixture into the pan and refrigerate for 3 hours.
4. Cut the set mixture into 1-inch squares and carefully remove them from the pan.
5. Roll the candies in sugar until coated.
Your candies will be sticky. Keep a wet rag handy.
Refrigerate to store.
Rondi Hillstrom Davis and Janell Sewall Oakes are the co-authors of the award winning book Together: Creating Family Traditions. To check out their website that's jam packed with family ideas, visit http://www.togetherparenting.com
More related articles:
Christmas Sugar Cookies
Holiday Mix and Gift Recipes
Make Memories with a Cookie-Decorating Party!
Comment on this article or submit your tip to CreativeHomemaking.com.
Click here for a printer friendly version of this page.
Recommend this article to a friend.
Search our article archives.
Click here to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.