This Chipotle Chicken soup is perfect for a lazy weekend. Just
heat up the waffle iron for lunch instead of breakfast and enjoy
the cheese sandwiches along with soup. The kids will love the
golden texture of these waffle style cheese sandwiches.
Chipotle Chicken Soup
Enjoy this spicy version of tortilla soup anytime--you'll love
the fire roasted tomato flavor!
Prep Time: 10 min.
Start to Finish: 20 min.
1 32-oz. container chicken stock or reduced sodium chicken broth
1 16.9-oz. container Knorr Chipotle Mexican Cooking Sauce
1 15-oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 4-oz. can dice chilies
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup canned corn
2-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
1. In a large saucepan stir together all ingredients except
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in chicken and cook for 5 minutes more.
Waffle Cheese Sandwiches
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
8 slices crusty Italian bread
1 cup shredded provolone
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Use the waffle iron to make these sandwiches.
2. Plug in waffle iron.
3. Spread butter on one side of each bread slice.
4. Put cheese slices between bread slices butter side out.
5. Put sandwiches inside and press down gently.
6. Cook until light goes back on or until bread is crispy and
cheese is melted.
Angela Tyler is a mom who would rather play than cook. If that
sounds like you, you won't want to miss
http://www.FreeQuickRecipes.com. You'll find recipes that are
quick and easy to make, as well as a wide variety of Crock Pot
on this article or submit your tip to CreativeHomemaking.com.
for a printer friendly version of this page.
Follow me on Pinterest
Receive new article links via Twitter
Follow Creative Homemaking on Facebook
this article to a friend!
our article archives.
to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.