1/4 C. flour
1/4 C. butter
1 qt. milk
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
24 slices bacon, extra thick
1/4 C. olive oil
3 C. mushrooms, sliced
6 Tbsp. scallions, finely minced
1 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
2 tsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 C. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. Melt butter in 4-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add milk, salt and pepper and stir vigorously with wire whip until mixture barely comes to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, whipping frequently while sauce thickens. Keep warm.
5. Cook bacon until fully cooked. Drain on paper towels. Cut into 1/4-inch pieces and stir into sauce.
6. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
7. Add sliced mushrooms and minced onions and sauté until golden. Add to sauce.
8. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain well and add to the sauce along with the parsley. Blend well.
9. Transfer to warm serving dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Visit http://bestcopycatrestaurantrecipes.blogspot.com/ today and see if one of your favorite restaurant dishes is featured or leave a request/comment for us to try and find.
on this article or submit your tip to CreativeHomemaking.com.
for a printer friendly version of this page.
Follow me on Pinterest
Receive new article links via Twitter
Follow Creative Homemaking on Facebook
this article to a friend!
our article archives.
to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.