You will all agree with me if I say that a big part of our monthly budget goes to grocery bills. It is something that we canít remove from our budget as it is a necessity Ė we need to buy food to feed our family, toiletries and household cleaning supplies to keep our family and home hygienic and more.
But because of the ongoing economic crisis, we all want to find ways on how to save to make do with the budget that we have without scrimping on the basics that our family needs.
Discount coupon sites abound where you can get a lot of promo codes and vouchers for all kinds of purchases from shoes, to bags, to grocery items and more and this gave me an idea to maximize this coupons and promo vouchers to get savings on my shopping expenses particularly my grocery bills which eat a huge part of our monthly budget.
So how can you get savings from your grocery bills by using these coupon codes? Here are a few tips.
1. Check out newspapers and magazines and collect and compile all the vouchers that you can get and remember to use it every time you shop.
2. Another way of getting coupon codes is by subscribing to mailing list of the different online stores where you shop. These stores usually send out discount codes and special promos to their subscribers. Not only will you be the first one to receive news on their on-going promos and sales, but you will also get instant savings with the coupon codes that they usually sends out to their members.
3. Just like signing up to the mailing list of online stores, you can also sign up to become member of the different clubs in your local store. These stores also send out magazines and newsletter which comes with vouchers and coupons that you can use on your next grocery trip.
4. Before you do your grocery, make a list of the things that you need and stick to it. Making a list will stop you from being an impulsive shopper and this will also help you in buying only the things that you need.
As you do your list, check out the coupons and vouchers that you have and shop for items where you can get discounts by using the coupons. For example, get the brand of laundry soap where you can use your vouchers for instant savings.
5. Plan your meal for the week base on the coupons and vouchers that you have. Like if red meat is on sale for this week, make a meal plan with the red meat as the main ingredient so you can grab the opportunity of getting the discount without sacrificing the health of your family.
6. As good as the coupon codes and vouchers as it may sound, you should also know when to stop. You should not grab all promos especially if you have no need for that product. Before making a purchase, you should always ask yourself if you have a need for it. That is why it is really important to make a grocery list as what I have mentioned in Tip # 4.
7. Donít be turned off if the savings that you get from using the vouchers is just small. Each coupon can give consumers discounts of just $10 per transaction or just free shipping or points to get free items and the like. In the long run, this small savings can go a long way.
Businesses are using coupon codes as their marketing campaign to attract customers so why not make use of it especially if you will get savings in return. With the recession and constant price inflation of consumer goods and services, everyone wants to save money. And these promo vouchers and discount coupons is your first step in cutting down your grocery bill and get savings in the process.
AbieL is a freelance blogger and has been working with You Love Coupons website providing articles about discounts and promo vouchers for ebags and shoebuy online store. You Love Coupons is a new discount shopping site where you can get ebags coupon code and shoebuy promotional code.
on this article or submit your tip to CreativeHomemaking.com.
for a printer friendly version of this page.
Follow me on Pinterest
Receive new article links via Twitter
Follow Creative Homemaking on Facebook
this article to a friend!
our article archives.
to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.