The trend of edible wedding favors is constantly growing and chocolates, cookies and even preserves make the most stylish of favor ideas these days. And it is not just the bride and the groom, but also the guests who love to take home these favors.
Here are some beautiful ideas for edible wedding favors that you will want to consider for your wedding:
1. Boxes or pouches filled with personalized chocolates are a huge hit. Get creative with the shapes and match them to your theme. If you have a motif for your theme, get the motif engraved on the chocolates. Or you could order or make chocolates in different shapes such as coins for a Las Vegas wedding, flowers for a Garden wedding, shells and starfish for a beach wedding etc.
2. Clear glass bottles or wine and cocktail glasses can also be filled with a variety of sweets like chocolates, candies, mints, sugar almonds or even nuts. Wrap in clear cellophane and tie at the top with ribbons.
3. Cookies make for lovely favors. Customize your wedding favors by getting your names or initials or wedding motif engraved on the cookies. You can also get the cookies made in different shapes like doves, butterflies, flowers etc. to match your theme or get them decorated in different color combinations to match your color scheme.
4. Little bottles and mini jars of preserves are making an appearance at many weddings today. Choose preserves that come out in a color that matches your wedding colors or decorate the jar lids with fabric in your wedding colors.
5. Mini-cakes are a great way to save money on your wedding cake as well as thank guests for attending your wedding. Get mini-cakes made just like your wedding cake but in just 2 tiers. They look delightful and will also help you save money since you can get a simpler and smaller wedding cake made for cutting.
There are hundreds more Wedding Favor Ideas on KnotForLife.com. Get ideas for DIY Wedding Favors and see what real brides choose for their wedding favors.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lata_Tokhi
Reader comment: Just wanted to mention that having mini cakes as a favor and
then a smaller wedding cake is not necessarily the way to go. Many
bakers charge more for mini cakes as they are actually harder and more
tedious to decorate. It's a nice idea and looks great because you can use
the mini cakes as table decorations as well but it is normally not
cheaper. For instance, a "small" wedding cake that feeds 50 often starts
at $5 per slice and will cost $250 and higher. If you need say 100
mini wedding cakes they often cost at least $5 each for a price of $500
on this article or submit your tip to CreativeHomemaking.com.
for a printer friendly version of this page.
Follow me on Pinterest
Receive new article links via Twitter
Follow Creative Homemaking on Facebook
this article to a friend!
our article archives.
to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.