Ok, so Fatherís Day is approaching and youíd rather go to the
dentist than buy another tie. Save the appointment for wisdom
teeth trouble and make shopping a little easier. Here are 10
gift ideas for Fatherís day that are sure to bring a SINCERE
smile to his face.
10. Father of the Year Plaque - Show your appreciation for that
special Father with a trophy or plaque that honors him as a
9. Magazine Subscription - This is the gift that keeps on giving
year round. Popular subscriptions are Sports Illustrated, Menís
Journal and Muscle & Fitness. There are others that I would
rather not mention, but I am sure would get a positive
reaction, if you know what I mean.
8. Sports Tickets - Because Fatherís Day is during the summer,
baseball would the sporting event to get tickets for. Other
options are wrestling events or golf tournaments.
7. Golf Getaway - Speaking of golf, a golf getaway is a really
nice gift and a great way for busy dad to unwind.
6. Gift Basket - You are probably thinking Gift Basket?! Yup I
said gift basket. You can find any themed gift basket nowadays
including golf, fishing, football, baseball and movie lovers.
5. Clothing - I gave my father-in-law a T-shirt with his only
granddaughterís picture on it and it he has it folded in a
drawer so that he canít ruin it. Saying he worships it -is an
understatement. If he isnít the sentimental type, golf shirts
and shorts work too.
4. Watch Ė They seem to be a necessity that men donít splurge
on. If he is wearing a watch with a plastic wristband, you need
to read no further. Go shopping right away.
3. Barbeque Supplies - The weather is warm and there is a good
chance you are having a BBQ to celebrate Fatherís Day. Start
the BBQ off right with new cooking tools for the BBQ cook.
2. Tools - This is a pretty obvious choice but a great gift
nonetheless. Especially if you married someone like Tim Taylor
Ė The Tool Man
1. A day to watch sports, pig out and do whatever it is, he
likes to do. Consider this his special day. Things like
breakfast in bed, renting his favorite movie (you know the one
with all the guns, violence and macho stuff) and cooking his
favorite dinner could be just what the father asked for.
Reprinted with permission.
More related articles:
Handmade Gifts for Dad
Seven Super Themes for Father's Day Gift Baskets
Five Simple Gifts that Kids Can Make for Dad
on this article or submit your tip to CreativeHomemaking.com.
for a printer friendly version of this page.
Follow me on Pinterest
Receive new article links via Twitter
Follow Creative Homemaking on Facebook
this article to a friend!
our article archives.
to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.