Fall is in the air and the beauty of the autumn leaves and hues are lovely to behold. Before the colorful leaves are gone and the wintertime season arrives, why not decorate your home with the colors of autumn. Here are some ways to add the beauty of the season to your home décor.
1. Plant mums in your flower garden. Mums come in so many bold shades of yellow, russet and orange and will brighten the exterior of you home.
2. Add a bunch of burgundy dahlias to a flower vase and surround with fresh pears and pomegranates for a delightfully simple and easy table centerpiece.
3. Add baskets of pine cones to your hearth to give your home some rustic, country charm.
4. Place pillar candles on your mantle and hearth in colors of burgundy, brown, gold and russet. Fall colored candles along with a drape of garland to the mantle will adorn your home for the season. Make sure some of the candles are scented in a wood, spice fragrance for more appeal.
5. Place a dramatic autumn display in front of your house near the entrance to your home to welcome your guests and embrace the season. Your display can consist of many items such as: hay bales, baskets of colorful mums, gourds, fruit, bright orange pumpkins, corn stalks, Indian corn, yellow squash and other seasonal items.
The autumn display is a great way for the entire family to join the fun by collecting seasonal items to add. Your children could gather acorns and pine cones, pomegranates and twigs to add. They could even make a welcome sign to add to the center of the display. Tie a ribbon to the sign and you'll have a wonderful autumn display for your family and friends to enjoy during the entire fall season.
Retired social worker/administrator, Shirley McNeal, owner of The Wholesale Bargain Store located at http://www.mysouthernhomeplace.com brought this article for your information. Come by our online store to see our variety of wholesale products. We offer these savings to you...consumers and resellers alike. We are a family-owned and family-operated little southern store. When you shop with us, it is our hope that you will feel the comfort of our store and enjoy your shopping experience. We celebrate families, children, health and home and our business reflects these core values. Families are the foundation of our society and articles brought to you are most often family related. We are proud to be able to offer you and your family good, quality products with real savings. We invite you to visit our southern bargain store to see all that we have to offer. Hopefully, what we have to offer will be of value and benefit to you, your family and your business.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Shirley_McNeal
on this article or submit your tip to CreativeHomemaking.com.
for a printer friendly version of this page.
Follow me on Pinterest
Receive new article links via Twitter
Follow Creative Homemaking on Facebook
this article to a friend!
our article archives.
to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.