Bridal Shower Thank You Cards - Sample Wording, Tips and Etiquette
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Your friends have thrown you a wonderful party. Maybe you even had one at work AND one from your maid of honor. It is time to show your supportive friends, co-workers, and loved ones, that you appreciate them.
However, with an entire wedding to plan, you may be pressed for time and feeling little overwhelmed. Here are some quick tips and wording ideas to make writing your bridal shower thank you cards and notes easy.
Etiquette and tips for Your Bridal Shower Thank You Notes
- Each guest gets a thank you for coming card regardless as to whether she brought a gift.
- Ideally cards are sent within two weeks of the shower (but a late thank you is better than no thank you).
- Send them in the mail. No email thank you's.
- No combo cards. Even if a particular friend sent and engagement gift, brought a bridal shower gift, and then sent you your wedding gift early, each act of kindness and gift gets its own note. The only exception is the "thank you for coming" card can be combined with the gift. Ex. Thank you for coming to the bridal shower and the lovely nightgown.
- Hand write your cards.
- Do not forget to thank the hostess for planning the shower in the note. Ideally, she would receive a small thank you gift such as an engraved compact, charm bracelet, picture frame or other small keepsake.
- Mention the specific gift and give it or the sender a specific compliment.
- Save the gift tags and write what the gift is on the back with a note. Then use these when you write the cards.
- Address your envelopes all at once or as gifts arrive. Then put them in the mail as you write them.
- Carry the cards, your notes and a roll of stamps with you in your purse. Write a note or card on your lunch break or while waiting for laundry.
- Write only four or five notes at a time maximum to keep your handwriting neat.
Bridal Shower Thank You Card Wording Ideas
- Say thank you with by pre-printing or hand writing a poem or verse in your card and then a few words of your own.
Example: "Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!"~ Amanda Bradley
You write: Thank you for the lovely (insert specific gift such as silver, picture frame)and coming to the shower. With friends like you, every day is truly a celebration.
- Use this basic thank you bridal shower thank you wording template:
Dear (Insert name)
Thank you for coming to the bridal shower and the beautiful (insert name of gift). It was the/a (insert compliment such as perfect color). Your generosity (or kindness) is truly appreciated. Thanks again."
Sincerely, (or Warm Regards, Love, Best)
Your bridal shower thank you cards do not have to be long to be effective. Just a quick note to let your friends and family know their thoughts and well wishes are appreciated. Be as specific as possible and remember, it is the thought that counts.
For more ready to copy go to bridal shower thank you notes. Christy Murphy is the creator of http://www.my-thank-you-site.com/, which provides free, ready-to-copy sample thank you notes for all occasions, including weddings, bridal and baby showers, along with other practical tools to demonstrate and attract gratitude in every day life. She is a writer, public speaker, and comedian, who has been featured on numerous television shows including CNN's Showbiz Today, Australia's Seven News, and CBS News in the U.S. Thank you for reading her bio.
Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ninoca/
Follow my Weddings board on Pinterest.
on this article or submit your tip to CreativeHomemaking.com.
for a printer friendly version of this page.
this article to a friend.
our article archives.
to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.